26 February 2013

Facebook Requests!

I would definitely like to make this blog appeal to the audience, as y'all are the reason I blog in the first place. Every now and then I will take requests off of facebook and talk about. I will try and honor every request, no matter how silly or ridiculous, as long as it has to do with the Mariners or the Seahawks. With that in mind, let's try this!



First request, was (no lie) either kittens, puppies, or baby goats. Yeah, safe to say I'm friends with some interesting people on Facebook...


Moving on. The Mariners bringing in the fences! Ahh much better. As you can see with the picture to the right, Seattle has brought the outfield fence in from anywhere at 4 ft to 16 ft. In 2012, at home, the Mariners were ranked LAST (30th) in the MLB in Runs, Hits, and Average, while ranking 27th in Homeruns. In contrast, away from Seattle, they were 8th in runs, 13th in hits, 6th in homeruns, and 19th in average. It doesn't seem fair that other home fans get to see the best of Seattle's hitters, but thats been the case. With the fences coming in, right handed hitters will see the most improvement. The old left field fence included the scoreboard, reaching 16 ft high. With it brought in, the fence is now 4 ft closer and 8 ft shorter. Players like Jesue Montero and Michael Morse (should) benefit from it. As exciting as it is, I'm hesitant. Even with the fences in, Seattle has one of the largest outfields in the game. While it should help boost our offensive numbers slightly, the Safe is still a pitchers paradise.

More Mariner news, this time focusing on Seattle's ability to pick up players past their prime. Off the top of my head, I can see Richie Sexson, Jeff Cirillo (a real jerk), Raul Ibanez, Jason Bay, Scott Spezio, Chone Figgins, Rich Aurilia, Jarrod Washburn, Jose Vidro, Carols Silva, and Ken Griffey the second time. What do seven of these players have in common? Bill Bavasi, easily one of the most moronic GM's in professional sports history. I mean, the guy must have blacked out for four years of his life offering the likes of Jose Vidro and Scott Spezio the kind of contracts he did. Now that we have Jack Zduriencik, you'd think it'd be over. Griffey was a publicity stunt, get more fans in. While I have, for the most part, supported Jack Z's decisions, the Jason Bay thing still shocks me. All I can hope is that he sees something that we don't, and Bay's first at bat as a Mariner was a homerun, so maybe, just maybe, we will get out of this funk.

Last but not least, Richard Sherman vs. Darrelle Revis. I am biased, obviously, but I will never debate one of the Seahawks as the best if they truly weren't. Sherman is the best cornerback in the league, period. Look at the stats, look at the film. Nobody wants to throw to him, but they also have to deal with Brandon Browner. Numbers don't lie. In 1.5 years, Sherman has already surpassed Revis in forced fumbles, and is only 7 interceptions away. Plus, the last good season Revis had was in 2009. Look, Revis is good. But what did he do in 2012? Sherman did it. I love John Elway, he was the best quarterback in 1997, but I'll take Peyton Manning in 2012 over John Elway in 2012. This year, Sherman was better. Next year, let the two prove theirselves on the field.

I really enjoyed hearing what y'all wanted to talk about, and hope I covered it. If not, make sure to comment and let's talk! If you do have something you'd like me to talk about, don't hesitate to let me know!

Don't forget to like the blog page if you're on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment