17 March 2013

Personal Update: About the Blogger

What a crazyyyyyyyy offseason it's been so far! Percy, Cliff, and Mike? What about Welker going to Denver, or Goldson bolting for Tampa Bay? I've tried as hard as I can to wait a little longer before talking about free agency, and because there hasn't been much Mariner news, I will introduce the person writing all of these posts to you!

ABOUT THE BLOGGER

The name is Blake, I'm a 21 year old senior at Colorado State University-Pueblo. Anybody who knows me understands that I live and breathe football and baseball, I could talk for hours and hours about each.
I was born in New Mexico in 1991 with a football in one hand and a baseball in the other. My family moved to Colorado in 1996, the year I remember becoming an actual fan of professional sports and their teams. If anybody knows football, especially in regards to 1996-1999, the Denver Broncos were undoubtedly the best team in the NFL (Let's debate about it.) Obviously, my youth consisted of watching John Elway throw, Shannon Sharpe catch, and Terrell Davis run there way to back to back Super Bowl wins over the Packers and Falcons. It's hard to not become a fan of a successful team that young. 
In 2001 (We must have been good luck to teams where we moved to), my family moved to the beautiful state of Washington. Yes, the same year Ichiro erupted in MLB. Yes, the 116 record win year. My neighbor was a HUGE M's fan, and needless to say it rubbed off on me.
Living in the Seattle area for ten years definitely deepened my love for the Mariners. It also turned me from a die hard Bronco fan into having a small crush on the Seahawks. When Seattle moved to the NFC West in 2002, I was able to (sort-of) enjoy them more and more as time went on. My dad bought season tickets for the first six years that Seahawks Stadium Qwest Field Centurylink Field was opened. It was definitely the atmosphere of the stadium that opened me up to being a Seahawks fan. As time went on, it was harder to follow a team in Denver when everything you see and hear is Seahawks. Naturally, I began to heavily follow the Hawks.
After high school I decided to take a football scholarship in Colorado, surrounding myself with Bronco fans galore. While I enjoy being able to openly support the Broncos and talk about them, it made me miss being able to turn on the TV and see the Mariners or the Hawks playing. This move has not only strengthened my love for the Seattle teams, but has made me appreciate the Seattle fans,organizations, and the city itself. Don't get me wrong, I love the Denver Broncos. They'll always have a special place in my heart and memories. I just can't call them my team anymore. That is reserved for the Seahawks. I know the roster up and down. I've been to their games; wins and losses. I've endured SBXL refs, Jim Mora as head coach, and Charlie Whitehurst playing against Cleveland. It's safe to say I'm a loyal, die hard 12th man. 
As for the Mariners, they've never had to compete for my support. They could lose each and every game and I would still support them, even arguing that they're the best team in the league. In fact, when the came down here to Denver last year, I'm confident I was the only Mariner fan in Coors Field. Which we swept. And I can't make fun of anyone, because no one here likes baseball except me... boo.
In a nutshell, I love football and baseball. I love the city of Seattle and everything that comes with it. I love the Seahawks and the Mariners enough to blog and ramble about it. I've enjoyed watching the Sounders play and do their thing. I'm excited for the Sonics to return. I adamantly HATE the OKC Thunder Blunder. Hate the Niners. Hate every other baseball team. Give me a break on the Broncos, and I'm all Seattle all the time.

I've really enjoyed starting the blog, and hope to continue it and allow it to grow into something unique.
-Blake


So there you have it, my fanship story. If you'd like to share one, message the facebook page. The coolest story, the most die-hard fan, the most appreciative memory will win the 12th Man Home Seahawks Jersey. From one 12 to another.

Sodo Mojo.

"If it were easy, everyone would do it." 
Couldn't have said it any better coach. Rest in Peace, still can't believe it's already been three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment